This procedure tells you how to make sure the OL-1 air collet closer (ACC) is operating correctly and adjust the ACC clamp force.
Caution: Make sure that the air pressure to the air cylinder is 45 - 50 psi. Excess air pressure may damage the air collet closer.
Note: External enclosure parts have been removed for clarity.
Perform the following steps to make sure of proper solenoid function and correct air hose connections before final adjustment.
- Insert a collet  into the spindle.
- Set the collet draw bar adjustment switch  to the down position.
- Press the CHUCK button  and make sure that the collet clamps.
- Press the CHUCK button again and make sure that the collet unclamps. The collet should clamp and unclamp with alternating presses of the CHUCK button.
- In the 'clamped' position, the ACC will relax after (2) seconds. This movement is enough to disengage the rollers on the drawbar lever from the drawbar shoulder, but not all the way to the 'unclamped' position.
Note: If the ACC does not function properly, make sure that the ACC solenoids and air hoses are connected correctly and that the ACC solenoids are operating correctly.