The Haas-designed 12,000-rpm HSK-A 63 spindle provides high rigidity and high stability for high-speed, extended-reach machining applications. The HSK (Hohl Shaft Kegel, or hollow-shank taper) tooling provides dual contact between the taper and the spindle face, providing a very rigid connection that offers excellent axial and radial accuracy, especially at high spindle speeds.
- Dual-contact taper for high rigidity and high accuracy
- More rigid toolholders for long-reach tools
- Increased performance for 3D profiling
- Increased performance when using small cutting tools
- Requires balanced toolholders with G2.5 rating above 10,000 rpm