This Haas-designed and -built 100+1 side-mount tool changer holds 100 tools, plus one in the spindle, providing plenty of locations for back-up tooling, or setting up tools for multiple jobs. It is the perfect choice for high-volume production, or when ordering the optional 6-station pallet pool.
The tool changer features a double-arm gripper that swaps tools quickly to minimize non-cutting time, and a servo-driven carousel that allows direct positioning to any tool in the carousel. Faster positioning reduces cycle times during short machining operations, or when the carousel is not pre-staged for the next tool.
With adjacent pockets empty, the tool changer will accept oversize tooling, and there’s a built-in automatic recovery process, should a tool change be interrupted for any reason.
- HSK-A63 taper
- Direct-positioning carousel for super-fast tool staging
- Fast tool changes shorten cycle times on every tool change
- Pocket Tool Table in the control allows complete control over the tool changer
- Identify tools as LARGE to leave adjacent pockets empty
- Identify tools as HEAVY to slow tool changer motion