This Haas-designed and -built 70+1 side-mount tool changer holds 50 tools, plus one in the spindle, to increase productivity and reduce setup times. A double-arm gripper swaps tools quickly to minimize non-cutting time. Locating the tool changer outside of the work envelope frees up additional workspace, keeps tools and tool pockets free of contamination, and adds greater flexibility when using large fixtures or rotary tables. With adjacent pockets empty, the tool changer will accept oversize tooling, and there’s a built-in automatic recovery process, should a tool change be interrupted for any reason.
This tool changer features a servo-driven carousel that allows direct positioning to any tool in the carousel. No more indexing one pocket at a time. Faster positioning reduces cycle times during short machining operations, or when the carousel is not pre-staged for the next tool.
- HSK-A63 taper
- Direct-positioning carousel for super-fast tool staging
- Fast tool changes shorten cycle times on every tool change
- Pocket Tool Table in the control allows complete control over the tool changer
- Identify tools as LARGE to leave adjacent pockets empty
- Identify tools as HEAVY to slow tool changer motion