The Haas-designed 15,000-rpm HSK-A63 spindle provides high rigidity and high stability for high-speed, extended-reach machining applications. The HSK (Hohl Shaft Kegel, or hollow-shank taper) tooling provides dual contact between the taper and the spindle face, providing a very rigid connection that offers excellent axial and radial accuracy, especially at high spindle speeds.
NOTE: Speeds higher than 10,000 rpm require toolholders balanced to a G2.5 rating at a speed greater than or equal to the operational rpm.
- Dual-contact taper for high rigidity and high accuracy
- More rigid toolholders for long-reach tools
- 50% faster spindle speed and feedrates than the 10,000-rpm spindle
- Increased performance for 3D profiling
- Increased performance when using small cutting tools