This BT30 taper belt-driven 20 hp (14.9 Kw) spindle features back-to-back ceramic angular contact bearings, and mid-point automatic air/oil lubrication for long, trouble-free life. This option also includes a side-mount tool changer. Note: Use only specified BT30 tooling without drive slots; using tooling with drive slots will result in damage to the tool changer and spindle. Do not operate the spindle at any time without a toolholder in the spindle taper.
NOTE: Speeds higher than 10,000 rpm require toolholders balanced to a G2.5 rating at a speed greater than or equal to the operational rpm.
- 3.5 times faster spindle speed than the 8100-rpm inline spindle
- Ideal for small-diameter tools
- Best performance for 3D profiling
- Rigid Tapping is not available with this option
- Through-Spindle-Coolant is not available with this option
- Use only BT tooling without drive slots