Our finishing sub-spindle for ST-10 through ST-25 turning centers – including Y-axis models – will not only make you more productive, and but will also provide new options for finishing the 2nd-op side of your parts.
This affordable A2-5 spindle is equipped with a 5.3-inch hydraulic chuck, and will fully synchronize with the main spindle to provide effortless “in-cycle” part handoff. This allows you to finish-off the “other half” of your part in a single setup – simply load up your raw workpiece, and the next time you open the door, you’ll have a finished part. A built-in part ejector propels the finished part into the optional parts catcher for automated operation.
Note: Not compatible with the VDI or BOT turret, or the tailstock option. The sub-spindle is compatible with the APL; however, the APL can only load/unload parts from the main spindle. Availability may vary by region.
- 6000 rpm
- A2-5 spindle nose
- 5.3" (135 mm) hydraulic chuck
- 1.3" (33 mm) spindle bore (non through)
- Powerful servomotor drive provides generous torque throughout the rpm range
- Allows fully synchronized part pass-off (up to 4800 rpm)
- Built-in part ejector
- Includes CNC Control Cabinet Cooler