The WIPS-L system must be calibrated at the initial machine setup to ensure high-accuracy probing. While this process only needs to be done once, in cases where high-precision feature measurements are required, it is recommended to perform the calibration process at the beginning of the production run. It is also recommended to perform the calibration process once every few months, to ensure continued high-precision probing.
The calibration process consists of 5 easy steps, which are explained in detail on the control. The 5 steps continue to be conversational, where permitted.
- Step 1 – Tram and Indicate Work Probe
- Step 2 – Set Work Probe Z Geometry Offset
- Step 3 – Make a Master Gauge Ring
- Step 4 – Z Calibration to Master Gauge Ring
- Step 5 – X Calibration to Master Gauge Ring