Section 2: For Lathes Equipped with a Y-Axis - Set Parameter 211 and 254
- The goal is to have the co-axial indicator  show the closest to zero as possible at the 3 o'clock  and 9 o'clock  positions, NTE 0.001" (0.0254mm)
- Set the indicator to zero at the 3 o'clock postion
- Turn the spindle by hand until the indicator is in the 9 o'clock position
- Note the value that the indicator moved
- Jog the X-Axis half the value the indicator moved in the direction of the pocket center
- Rotate the spindle back to the 3 o'clock position and set the indicator back to zero
- Rotate to the 9 o'clock position again and the value the indicator moved should be less
- if the value is not zero then repeat Steps 3-5 until you get the closest reading to zero as possible
- The runout is NTE 0.001" (0.0254 mm) but the smaller the runout the better the machine will be
- Record the value of Parameter 700 (Y-Axis Wedge Angle) in a safe location, you will need this value to reset this Parameter later.
- Set the Parameter 700 to 0
- Record the value of Parameter 211 (Y-Axis Tool Change Offset)
- Set Parameter 211 to 0
- Turn the spindle by hand until the indicator is at the 12 o'clock position .
- Multiply the value on the indicator by 1.414.
- For example, +0.0600 x 1.414 = +0.0848.
- Jog the Y-Axis to the calculated value, for example +0.0848.
- Jog the X-Axis again until the indicator shows 0 at 3 o'clock  and 9 o'clock .
- Repeat 1-4 until the indicator shows 0 at 3 o'clock , 9 o'clock , and 12  o'clock.
- In DEBUG mode, press [POSIT].
- Record the COMMAND Y value from the DEBUG RAW DATA.
- Record the COMMAND X value from the DEBUG RAW DATA.
- Change a negative number to a positive number. Or change a positive number to a negative number. And remove the "." from the number.
- Enter the Y-value into Parameter 211.
- For example, if the raw data value is 11.0087, enter -110087.
- Enter the X-value into Parameter 254.
- For example, for -78.2231 enter 782231.
- Change Parameter 700 back to the initial value.
- Check centerline as in Section 1. NTE 0.001" (.0025 mm).
- Toolholders other than tool 1 NTE 0.003" (0.0762 mm)
- If centerline is off, repeat the steps for setting Parameter 211 and 254.
- Be sure to calibrate the tool probe at this time. Refer to the procedure in the Lathe Operator's Manual.