Ready Location – Create a motion file that moves the robot from the Above Table Location to the Ready Location. It should be outside the door, with gripper 1 rotated to place the part in the chuck.
Press [ENTER] to create a motion file and press [F1] for Setup Options.
- Press  to set coordinates to Joint.
- Press  to set the speed.
- Press  to set Tool Frame to 1 World Frame.
- Press  to set User Frame to the User Frame created from the Three Point Method.
Jog the robot from the Above Table Location to outside the door while rotating gripper 1. Record positions along the path to create a smooth motion.
Tips & Tricks: Set the first point for this motion file to be away from the Above Table Location in the X & Y direction.
Press [ENTER] for Record Options. This creates an action in your motion File.
- Press  to record a position.
- Press  to set the speed of a motion.
- Press  to set the gripper state.
- Press  to set the workholding state.
Note: The robot template will open/close the grippers and workholding. Inserting a gripper state or workholding state is only for advanced jobs that use part flip.
Press [F2] for Run Options.
- Press  to run the selected position.
- Press  to run all positions in the motions file.
- Press  to run all positions in reverse.
If you need to clear the motion file, press [F3] to clear table. Press [Y] to reset values and [N] to cancel.
After confirming the motions, press [UNDO] to exit and save the motion file.
Tips & Tricks: As you move the arm towards the door, check and make sure you aren’t over-winding any of the joints by checking their position on the RJH. You can see switch between moving in Joint mode and Cartesian mode by pressing Linear in the lower left corner of the RJH.
Tips & Tricks: At least one of the points in the Ready Location motion file should be recorded in Joint mode and the last position in the Ready Location motion file needs to be recorded in Cartesian mode.