This high-performance 7500-rpm spindle for 50-taper machines is driven by a 60 hp vector drive system that provides higher power throughout the rpm range than the standard spindle. It uses a Haas-built two-speed gearbox to provide a wide constant horsepower band, good low-speed torque for heavy cuts, and higher torque throughout the range above 500 rpm. Haas gears are CNC machined and hobbed out of alloy steel, heat treated to 60 Rc, and then precision ground to AGMA Class 13 quality.
- 60 horsepower (peak) vector drive system
- 2-speed gearbox designed, manufactured, and built in-house
- More power than the standard spindle for larger diameter tools and tougher materials
- Automatic High or Low gear selection, based on commanded rpm
- User-programmable selection of High or Low gear selection via M-codes