CBN (Polycrystalline Cubic Boron Nitride) is a cutting tool material created by sintering a mixture of cubic boron nitride and a special ceramic binder under ultra-high pressure and temperature, forming a substance nearly as hard as diamond, that is stable under high temperatures. This excellent hardness and thermal resistance make CBN ideal for high-speed, precise machining in hardened steels and cast irons. Machining with CBN produces excellent surface finishes, which can effectively replace the conventional grinding process.
- Excellent hardness and wear resistance for higher productivity when machining cast iron and heat-treated alloys
- Cost-effective alternative to diamond cutting tools
- Dimensional stability helps minimize scrap during high production
- Produces excellent surface finishes in hard materials
- Retains its cutting edge under high cutting temperatures and forces
- Excellent tool life, compared to non-coated inserts