Applies to machines built from: February, 2009
If replacing an RJH-E with an RJH-C:
1. Verify that the machine meets the minimum requirements. Update hardware or software as necessary.
2. Power off the machine.
3a. (Thick Pendant) Remove the back cover of the pendant.
3b. (Storage Cabinet) Remove the back cover of the pendant, the cable cover inside the storage cabinet, and the swivel cover on top of the storage cabinet.
4. Remove the two 8-32 nuts to release the RJH-E cradle from the side of the pendant or storage cabinet.
5. Disconnect the two RJH-E cables from the SKBIF and pull them out of the control pendant, along with the cradle.
Leave the pendant disassembled for RJH-C installation.
Free Hanging Thin Pendant or Thick Pendant with RJH-C Mounting
1. Remove the back cover of the pendant.
2. Remove any plugs or screws at the RJH-C mounting location.
3. Wire the 6’ RJ12 cord through the 1/2” hole in the pendant and connect to the SKBIF.
4. Install the end of the 6’ RJ12 cable in the RJH-C Holster.
5. Attach the RJH-C Holster to the pendant, storage cabinet or adapter bracket using three BHCS 10-32 x 1/2 screws.
1. Power on the machine.
2. Lift the RJH-C from the holster and verify that the screen turns on. Hang up the RJH-C and verify that the
screen turns off.
3. Lift the RJH-C from the holster and press [EDIT] on the control pendant. In Edit Mode, the RJH-C screen reads “RJH Inactive”. Press each button on the RJH-C unit and verify that each press produces a beep from the unit.
4. Press [HAND JOG] on the control pendant. Press the far right function button on the RJH-C to cycle through the menus, verifying that the “Set Work Offsets”, “Manual Jogging”, and “Set Tool Offsets” menus display properly.
5. In Manual Jog Mode, check the axis selector, shuttle jog knob, and pulse jog knob. Jog each axis using each knob and verify that axis motion occurs as commanded.
6. Turn the axis selector to the far right position. Command the flashlight on and off, making sure it operates as commanded.