To access this function on the RJH-XL, press [OFFSET] on the control pendant and select the Tool Offsets page, or select TOOL OFFSETS from the RJH-XL operation mode menu.
Press the .001, .0010, .0100, or .1000 on the screen to change the jog rate.
Press the axis position on the screen or press [F1]/[F3] on the RJH-XL to change the axis.
Press the [NEXT] on the screen to change to the next tool.
To change the tool offset, highlight the TOOL OFFSET field and use the handle to change the value.
Use the jog handle to jog the tool to the desired position. Press the [SETL] function key to record the tool length.
To adjust the tool length, for example, if you want to subtract from the tool length the thickness of the paper you used to touch off the tool:
- Press the [ADJUST] button on the screen.
- Use the handle jog to change the value (positive or negative) to add to the tool length.
- Press the [ENTER] button on the screen.
Note: If your machine has the programmable Coolant option, you can adjust the spigot position for the tool by:
- Highlight the COOLANT POS field.
- Press the [ADJST] button on the screen and use the handle jog to change the value.
- Press the [ENTER] button on the screen to accept the coolant position change.
Press the [M08] button on the screen to turn on the coolant and test the spigot position. Press the button on the screen again to turn off the coolant.