Locate spindle centerline using a co-axial indicator:
Note: It is highly recommended to use the co-axial indicator clamped in the chuck to take the measurements rather than the traditional magnetic base with the test indicator. The magnetic base setup tends to droop as the spindle rotates and will affect the measurements. An incorrectly set tool holder centerline may cause tool breakage and incorrect part geometry.
- Install the appropriate boring bar tool holder  onto station 1 on the turret.
Note: Make sure that the mating surfaces are clean and free of defects. Any debris between the turret and the tool holder will affect the measurements.
- Clamp the coaxial indicator  in the chuck and sweep the inner diameter (ID) of the tool holder bore.
- Jog the X axis in small increments until there is no variation in measurements between the quadrants  and .
- Not to Exceed (NTE) 0.001"
- Achieve as close to zero runout as possible
- If you have a Y-axis machine you can use the Y-axis to find center.